- IO1: Game scenario authoring system and collection of indicative VR eco-responsibility learning scenarios
- IO2: Informal learning curriculum, learning material and adoption handbook
- IO3: Web/Mobile learning portal for eco-responsible citizens
IO1: Game scenario authoring system and collection of indicative VR eco-responsibility learning scenarios
- A game scenario authoring system that will host a number of pre-designed and pre-created assets and non-playing characters and allow for the implementation of virtual reality-based scenarios to promote the acquisition of eco-responsibility skills.
- The authoring system will allow adult educators and other experienced stakeholders to define their own learning scenarios based on existing assets and share these scenarios with other users of the game.
- Users can also adapt existing scenarios to their specific needs, thus re-using others’ work if permissions are given.
- In exploitation and sustainability terms, the sharing paradigm will eventually lead to an extensive collection of scenarios that will further increase the value of the output.
- Citizens will be able to register to get access to the mobile game and participate in single or multi-player missions, where they will be called to interact with non-playing characters, demonstrate certain skills related to ecological sensitivity and responsibility.
- The non-playing characters will be living within virtual environments related to energy efficiency and other ecological dimensions: e.g. a citizen receives a message through his/her social media accounts or other messaging system to enter a virtual room, ideally related to the space around him/her; he/she will have to take some actions in the room in order to save energy, for instance, turn-off lights if day-time, close the window if air conditioner is turned on, replace the heating device with one operating on renewables, etc.
IO2: Informal learning curriculum, learning material and adoption handbook
- It will be designed as a massive open online course (MOOC), which will be offering a set of modules addressing the five topics related to the virtual reality game scenarios of IO1.
- The course will focus on non-formal learning and self-assessment, gathering and transferring learning objects from already existing curricula. As such it will comprise a collection of open educational resources (OER), not necessarily forming a formal course but rather offering interactive resources aiming to transfer the required skills in an intuitive way.
IO3: Web/Mobile learning portal for eco-responsible citizens
- In order to improve the experience of the users, the app will offer a semantic reasoning engine. That is, the profile of the players will be built by collecting information from the player during the registration process.
- The responses will be mapped directly on a knowledge graph representation of the profile of players.
- The selection of Prolog is made due to the inherent flexibility it provides to not only query the knowledge graph but also implement the required higher-level reasoning rules for the game components to learner profile matching, with very good performance.
- The app will be supported in the back-end by a dedicated learning management system based on the widely adopted Moodle platform.